Dry skin is a constant battle for many people. If you are reading this article you have likely tried many different products or skin care routines without success. However, there is hope in combating dry skin for good, and it can be done in 3 simple steps.
Our skin needs first to be clean, then micro exfoliated, followed by deep penetrating hydration. We are going to go into detail of each step, giving you a better understanding as to why this skin care routine works.
What causes dry skin?
There are a few different causes for dry skin. When we understand what causes our dry skin we can take the steps needed to stop it.
- Environment: The environment has a huge effect on the skin. Cold weather, dry air, even air conditioning in our homes will contribute to dry skin. Consider putting moisture back into your air by adding a humidifier to the space.
- Skin Care Products: Is one of the most likely causes of dry skin. If you are using skin care products that contain toxic synthetics, harsh preservatives or alcohol, you are depleting the skins delicate moisture balance very quickly and furthering irritation to the skin. Using natural, organic skin care will help prevent drying out the skin because these products strive to reduce the use of additives.
- Improper Skin Care Routine: Far too often we don’t know what skin care routine to use in treating dry skin. It could be we are doing it wrong.
- Diet: Our body needs proper nutrients to support our largest organ that is the skin. Water intake is huge. Drinking an adequate amount of water will help increase the much needed moisture in the skins tissues and cells. As well, we need to keep our vitamins A, D and E in balance. These vitamins will also support the skins structure and prevent dry, flaky skin.
3 Simple Steps for combating dry skin for good!
Step 1: Cleansing
The first step to combating dry skin is to clear away debris that builds clogging the pores. Our goal is to clean the face well enough that it opens the pores allowing the nutrients we will be applying to be carried deep into the skins tissues.
Selecting the right cleanser to do the job is important. Not all cleansers work. Dry skin is calling out for a deep clean, plus hydration. Dehydration is irritating to the skin and should be soothed with gentle, nourishing ingredients. So the right cleanser is very important.
- The Best Organic Cleansers for Every Skin Type
- How to Choose the Best Organic Facial Cleanser for Your Skin Type
Product: Eminence Coconut Milk Cleanser
Eminence makes a cleanser that is packed with vitamins A, C and E. These are essential vitamins for hydrating and nourishing your skin cellular structure. Coconut Milk is naturally calming to the skin and pulls debris out gently. Eminence Coconut Cleanser also has Calendula oil. Calendula oil helps to hydrate and soothe the skin. The combonation of these ingredients makes this cleanser the best for dry skin.
Buy now from Amy’s Skin Care (An authorized eminence dealer)
Step 2: Daily Micro Exfoliant
Exfoliating involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin’s outermost surface, giving you a very smooth complexion. Before you jump into Step 2 it’s important to note that exfoliating has many different grades of abrasion. If the product is too abrasive you will strip the skin and cause major irritation. A daily micro exfoliant is what you need.
What is the difference? A micro exfoliant is usually a powder or fine dust, being a very low grade abrasion. A regular exfoliant can be more abrasive, using much heavier grade ingredients like sugars, salt or ground up seeds and kernels. Sand paper is a great example, each having a different grade of abrasive power.
A great way to use a daily exfoliant is mixed with your cleanser. The combination will really clean the skin and break debris. Daily exfoliants usually come as a powder, making them very gentle and effective. These powders work so well in combating dry skin, because they can be used daily to keep the skin smooth and flake free.
Product: Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant
Arguably the best daily exfoliant available on the market. Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant is so effective at treating dry skin, because it can be used daily, keeping the complexion free of any flaking or dry skin.
Buy now from Amy’s Skin
Care ( An authorized eminence dealer)
Step 3: Facial oil
After you have cleansed the skin and removed all the dead skin cells that cause dryness, your skin will be ready to receive nourishment deep into the skin layers with a facial oil. Facial oils are far better than a moisturizer because they are able to penetrate much deeper brining their nutrients with it.
Plant oils are especially great because they are high in essential fatty acids. Fatty acids are crucial for the skin to function properly by helping replenish tissue and maintain hydration.
The right facial oils will provide the skin with an abundance of hydration. Your dry skin will improve by using a potent plant oil.
- The Ultimate Guide to Facial Oils for Dry Skin
- 9 Best Natural Oils for The Skin & Why You Should Use Them
Product: Lina Hanson Global Face Serum
Lina Hanson has created a facial oil that will feed your skin the nourishing vitamins and plant oils it needs to fight dry skin. Use this facial oil daily after your skin has been prepped and debris has been cleared away.
Your pores will absorb the oil bringing the beneficial ingredients with it. Lina Hanson Global Face Serum will protect your skin from the elements and environmental disturbances your skin can be sensitive to. Along with a protective barrier, your skin will be stimulated to rebuild tissues, giving you a smooth, fresh complexion.
Clearing away debris with a cream based cleanser and unclogging the pores with a daily exfoliant will open the skin to properly receive the hydration and nourishment it needs. Follow this skin care routine and within 1-2 weeks of using the recommended products, you will be well on your way in having dry skin under control. The skin only needs the right conditions to improve.
Be sure to leave us a comment, let us know how adding 3 Simple Steps to your daily skin care routine has helped you combat dry skin for good!
To a Bright and Beautiful you,